“Give me eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six hours sharpening my axe”-Abraham Lincoln
The quote pretty much sums up why one needs to improve upon themselves. We may know a lot, we may be really efficient in doing whatever we do, but one thing is certain, no matter how big or how small there is always some scope for improvement.
One works efficiently when one is at ease and one is at ease when one has mental peace so, a few posts will tell you how to improve your overall productivity in terms of your work and even relationships.
So, the first tip is:
LEARN TO STAY QUIET FOR 15 MINUTES EACH DAY
Now, this seems a little senseless but this is one of the most effective ways to calm down one’s mind and being. Although 15 minutes may not sound a lot of time to you but such is the beauty of the method. A word of warning for you, this is one of the most difficult things to do, but once you get a knack of doing it, you will look forward to the daily sabbatical in those 15 minutes.
How to go about it?
- Fix a time, preferably in late evening, just before you are going to have dinner.
- Put on some loose clothing and sit alone, no cell phones, internet, emails, Television, even your family members, nothing is allowed. Set the alarm beforehand to 15 minutes so that you may not even care to look at the clock.
- Sit silently, you may not even read.
- Try to observe your breathing.
- Ask your family members to not disturb you during your alone time.
- Try to continue the silence while you have dinner in complete silence, this will increase your feeling of calmness.
Begin with 5 minutes a day for a week and increase it slowly if 15 minutes sound too much.
Doing this will align your energies and you will feel so much more in tune with the existence. The feeling of happiness, calmness and well-being will prevail. Doing this will lower down your stress and within a week you will have more mental energy at your disposal and most of all, your concentration will improve.